Maureen Demers is the owner of Demers Financial Planning and a Certified Financial Planner ™ practitioner. She advises professional women approaching retirement with objective, tax-focused services. She understands the unique challenges faced by women in this “sandwich generation” , including work/life balance and the pursuit of financial security. She began working in the financial services industry in 1989, and providing fee-only financial planning services to individuals, couples and businesses in 1996. As a Certified Financial Planner ™ practitioner, Maureen has met the high standards in education, experience, examination and ethics required by the CFP® Board. She is qualified to address the broad range of financial topics that should be included in your financial plan.
As a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor®. NAPFA (National Association of Personal Financial Advisors) Maureen has met the highest membership standards in the industry including peer review and 60 hours of continuing education every 2 years.
Maureen is a Registered Investment Advisor in the state of Massachusetts. She is a graduate of the Boston University Financial Planning Certificate Program, and holds a BA from Emmanuel College.
As a fee-only firm, Demers Financial Planning sells no products nor receives any commissions or referral fees from any non-client source, thus striving to avoid conflicts of interest.
When you work with us, you can expect:
- Straight talk. We don’t sell any financial products nor do we receive any commissions. As fee-only financial advisors, our only compensation is what you pay for our professional advice. Our complete focus is on what is best for you.
- All-inclusive approach. Together we evaluate all aspects of your finances and design a strategy where each part works in harmony with the others. You’ll see that we pay a lot of attention to areas of your financial life that are often overlooked or ignored by other “financial planners.”
- Access. Life is constantly changing. For one annual retainer fee, you can meet with us or speak to us often as is necessary to help you accomplish your financial goals.
- Value for your money. We are committed to providing value that exceeds our fee. It’s a concept that is virtually non-existent in the financial planning profession. But doesn’t it make sense that your financial advisor should work to save you more than she charges you?
- The highest professional standards. We are committed to the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners Pledge to Clients—your assurance of receiving the ethical and professional treatment you deserve.
Would you worry less with a professional fee-only financial advisor on your side? Contact us to learn more about the financial strategies that will help you achieve your goals.